Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold takes 48 hour to start growing. At times you can see or smell it. If this is the case call SERVPRO of Evanston. Mold can cause health problems and affect your living. Mold can start to grow from a leak or any water damaged that is not properly taken care of. Mold can also cause problems with the building and any items in or around the affected area. SERVPRO of Evanston if trained and is equipped with the tools, Protection and chemicals to ensure that the mold is removed and the area is safe to live in. If you see or smell mold, don't wait, act now!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (847) 763-7010
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Evanston for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Evanston has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Northwestern University
- Evanston Hospital
- St Frances Hospital