If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (847) 763-7010

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Oven Catches Fire in Evanston

5/26/2022 (Permalink)

Oven The quick reaction by the homeowner saved her home from further damage.

A woman in Evanston was getting ready to make her son some lunch, she got the food out, preheated the oven, and turned on her favorite tv show. A normal afternoon on all accounts, until she started to smell something burning. Instantly, she realized she had left a bag of potato chips in the oven which caught on fire. Luckily, she had a fire extinguisher near by and was able to put out the blaze before it got out of hand. However, there was still some smoke and soot damage to the kitchen and surrounding areas. She called SERVPRO to come out and begin the process of cleaning the damage and getting her kitchen back to normal. Along with the smoke and soot, there was residue from the fire extinguisher that would need to be cleaned as well. This would be no problem for SERVPRO as there is nothing we cant handle. In a matter of just a few days, SERVPRO was able to get her taken care of and she had her kitchen back in no time. This served as a quick lesson on why you should not leave your potato chips in the oven!

Other News

View Recent Posts